Asphalt Paving Superintendent
Large asphalt producer and self performing lay down contractor. Company’s representative and main point of contact on the paving site. The Superintendent handles the flow of communication between client’s on-site representatives, inspectors, subcontractors, craft employees, and Company personnel. The Superintendent plans, coordinates, and supervises on-site functions including scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
- Directly supervises employees.
- Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance.
- Reviews and monitors cost and man-hour budget for installation process and develops a staff, facilities, equipment, and tool requirement plan.
- Confers with and directs personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Asphalt Paving Superintendent.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with supervisors and fellow employees
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges. DOT experience is required.
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record required.
- If you are seeking a corporate culture built on teamwork, family, integrity and safety first, this is for you!