Asphalt Paving Superintendent
Large family owned and highly respected, self perform asphalt milling, reclaiming, grading, site work and paving contractor seeking an HMA Paving Project Superintendent for Southern Maine area.
Provides overall on-site leadership and management on an HMA paving project. The Superintendent is considered the company’s representative and main point of contact on the construction site. The Superintendent handles the flow of communication between client’s on-site representatives, inspectors, subcontractors, craft employees, and Company personnel. The Superintendent plans, coordinates, and supervises on-site functions including scheduling, material control, and day-to-day direction of field personnel.
We are offering full relocation packages, sign on bonus, above average salary and benefits for the ideal candidate. Southern, ME is god's country, come live the good life paving in Southern, ME. Very little night paving if any at all.
- Directly supervises employees.
- Monitors crews for organizational structure, sizing, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance.
- Reviews and monitors cost and man-hour budget for installation process and develops a staff, facilities, equipment, and tool requirement plan.
- Confers with and directs supervisory personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work procedures, interpreting specifications, and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Confers with supervisory and engineering personnel and inspectors and suppliers of tools and materials to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules.
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated by reports.
- Directs workers concerned with major maintenance or reconditioning projects for existing installations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- This position is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Superintendent.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with supervisors and fellow employees
- Three (3) to Five (5) years or more of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges. DOT experience is required.
- Valid Driver’s License with satisfactory driving record required.