Asphalt Plant Manager
Well established Asphalt Producer and Laydown Contractor in Central Mass seeking an experienced Plant Manager. Family business, excellent work-life balance, salary and benefit packages. Relocation expenses covered foe the right candidate. Come join a great TEAM!!
Asphalt Plant Manager will be responsible for manufacturing various asphalt products according to mix design and customer job site specifications. Performs pre and post shift inspections and overseas all repairs on the plant. Supervise controls to batch and silo asphalt material distribution. Reads and/or writes delivery tickets to determine mix design. Performs calculations for differing load sizes. Within < 6 months on the job becomes a “Mines” software proficient user. Issues delivery tickets to haul truck driver. Manages inventory controls of materials (i.e. oil, fuel, lime, etc.).
Asphalt Plant Manager will be responsible for maintaining stationary HMA equipment including but not limited to conveyors, shakers, drives, screws etc. This includes inspecting the condition of the machinery and documenting items in need of repair or service; diagnosing problems and overseeing mechanical repairs and maintenance. Will require ordering parts from outside suppliers/vendors. May be required to pick-up parts from local vendors. Must have the ability to make sound judgments in order to prevent accidents and operate in a highly SAFETY conscious.
Other duties as assigned.
Asphalt Plant Manager will monitor FOB customer sales and will provide customer support. The Asphalt Plant Manager will seek to grow the FOB customer base. This includes phone and job site contact. The manager will work in concert with sales, estimating, and managerial staff to develop, implement, and follow thru with a customer growth and QA/QC plan.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess a minimum of five (5) years supervisory repair/maintenance experience at an asphalt plant.
- Must have previous experience in operating various types of heavy mobile equipment.
- Requires solid knowledge and understanding of proper operation and capabilities of the equipment. Must be able to recognize various products by sight and to understand proper plant operation
- Computer experience is essential.
- HAZWOPER Certified
- OSHA 30 certified
- Valid driver's license
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Basic math skills required; the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and find percentages. Must have the ability to think logically and problem solve.
- Must possess good perceptual skills used in judging distances, motor skills to operate the plant controls, ability recognizing plant related symptoms of problems, and in recognizing dangers to operate the plant in a safe manner.
- Must be dependable, conscientiousness, and have the ability to pay close attention to detail, and the ability to read and understand instructions. Must have the ability to work varying schedules to support customer needs.
Contact us to discuss this position