Sales Consultant – Public Contracting (Paving / Pavement Maint)
New England paving / pavement maintenance client is seeking a full-time Territory Sales / Account Representative. The Rep will be accountable for developing, promoting and managing sales activity within a set territory in accordance with company objectives and strategies. Full territory details to be shared with qualified applicants. All inquiries 100% confidential. The Sales Consultant is responsible for creating client successes by partnering with municipalities to optimize their pavement management programs. The Sales Consultant will develop and execute a territory sales plan that secures new clients and grows new business with existing clients in order to maximize the sales potential of the assigned territory.
- Generates and develops new business through diligent prospecting and client interactions to meet specified sales goals;
- Maintains and nurtures existing client relationships with insightful and strategic input to their operations;
- Responds to all inquiries and requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Prepares and presents, both in-person and virtually, technical sales presentations and proposals;
- Plans and manages sales territory with regular reporting to the Sales & Marketing Manager;
- Understands and communicates information regarding company products, services, policies and procedures to new and/or existing clients;
- Continually gathers information on local competition and prevalent industry and business climate within the region; communicates information to management and others as needed;
- Inputs and tracks daily sales communications through HubSpot and Sage CRM;
- Communicates details of services sold to field supervisors and internal office teammates; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business, or equivalent years of experience required;
- Minimum 7+ years related experience, with previous employment in the municipal sector and/or B2G sales experience preferred;
- Frequent daily local travel required, plus occasional, infrequent overnight travel for conferences;
- Ability to establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, clients and potential clients;
- Ability to present facts and recommendations persuasively in oral and written form;
- Must be a coachable and continual learner possessing a strong and competitive entrepreneurial spirit, and be highly self-motivated;
- Must be empathetic and possess a strong commitment to exceeding client expectations;
- Must be emotionally intelligent and possess excellent interpersonal & communication skills, both in-person and virtually;
- Must be highly organized, experienced with Microsoft Office Suite and CRM software platforms, and generally possess a high level of comfort with technology; and
- A passion for selling and servicing clients, with a constantly positive and enthusiastic attitude.