Controller – Potential to become CFO
Are you a highly competent Controller with a desire to continue learning and growing? If so, we’d like to talk to you about a special opportunity with our highly respected client.
Our client is a full-service construction company located in Bloomfield, CT with offices in Portsmouth, NH and Providence, R.I. The company has been providing construction services for over 30 years. Our work focuses on the commercial end specializing in financial institutions, medical offices and educational institutions. Project profiles range in size from $10,000 to several million with work throughout New England and Westchester County NY.
They have built a reputation on our integrity, commitment to our customers, and to providing a work environment in which people feel respected and appreciated. Solidus celebrates each employee’s contribution, believes in promoting professional development, and above all value’s seamless teamwork and collaboration.
After more than 20 years their current Controller is retiring, and that has created a rare opportunity for someone new to become a key contributor to the team. If you have the desire and capacity, there may also be the potential to eventually become the CFO.
- Process and maintain separate General Ledgers & Financial statements for 3 entities (month end closing, electronic fund transfer, bank reconciliations)
- Working knowledge of Sage/Timberline construction accounting software
- Expertise with ADP Payroll a plus
- Analyze and job costing of monthly credit card bills
- Create and process invoices based on job estimates
- Manage all state sales tax returns based on specific state criteria
- Process Quarterly Payroll Taxes
- W-2 processing annually
- Commission and Bonus Reporting
- Monthly billing for rental units
- Track annual increases for rental units
- Fiscal Year End Review Preparation
- Support CFO as needed
- Process client billing utilizing information in Sage/Timberline
- Manage Human Resource and Payroll Records - new employees, changes in employee status or compensation.
- Track employee Attendance Program (vacation/personal/sick time/holidays)
- Monitor and process unemployment claims by reviewing claims and consult with counsel
- Manage 401-k enrollment, loan set-up, distributions and rollovers
- Administer and process reports to pay 401-k plan, 401-k Loans and Flex Plan
- On boarding and off boarding for employees
- Instrumental in the development of new or revised HR policies
- Administration of Employee Benefit packages including:
- Base Life Insurance
- Flex Plan HRA plans
- COBRA Administration
- Process background checks on prospective applicants
- Process all employee communication documents (terms of employment letters, non-compete agreements)
- Maintain all HR records electronically and hard copy
- Facilitate coordination of company and staff meetings as requested by management