Director of Environmental Health & Safety
The Director of Environmental Health & Safety (“EH&S”) is a key company leader who will have a direct impact on the health and welfare of every single employee. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the operations leaders and other stakeholders, the Director is responsible for assessing the safety needs of the company and then developing the polices, training and culture that will enable us to meet our corporate objective of “everyone goes home safe.” The Director will also have a team of safety professionals and will be charged with leading and mentoring this team.
Our core values of respect and reliability are present in everything that we do. Our success is driven by our collaborative approach, our attention to detail and the talent and experience of our team. Together we are “Building with Intelligence.”
- Develop and administer our safety program to ensure compliance and accountability.
- Ensure our safety program is updated consistently to comply with all applicable regulations.
- Ensure all job sites and fabrication shops are working in compliance with our safety program.
- Review subcontractor safety program for professionalism and compliance.
- Design and implement training programs and materials.
- Develop and present safety statistics to applicable levels of the organization.
- Develop risk analyses and recommendations; and report to applicable levels of the organization.
- Ensure employee safety education, communication, and performance by providing materials, programs, and processes.
- Oversee the compilation and submission of required reports to OSHA and other safety organizations.
- Participate in regulatory and customer inspections and represent company standards.
- Provide practical and technical expertise, advice, and solutions to corporate and site management.
- Hire and train the Safety team as needed.
- Chair the Safety Committee.
- Professionally represent the Company and emulate its values of Integrity, Compassion, Drive for Results and Customer Focus.
- Ability to properly frame and conduct accident/incident investigations and conduct root cause analyses.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety or Occupational Safety.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in construction, manufacturing or industrial safety.
- Software Experience Necessary:
- Knowledge/Understanding of Construction Legal Compliance (OSHA).
- Experience with Safety Certifications Desired.
- Ability to interact positively with many types of people
- Ability to be able to persuade others to achieve objectives
- Approachable and able to work effectively under pressure
- Able to work with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze and evaluate complex regulations
- Ability to create metrics, analyze data and determine trends
- Excellent technology skills including word processing, data management and assorted applications
- Leadership and mentoring skills
- Strong presentation skills
- High-level problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage shifting priorities