Division Manager – Asphalt Milling Florida
Our client is seeking a Division Manager who will develop, oversee and continually grow their Florida based pavement milling operation. This person will work closely with the executive management team to provide leadership, strategy, and overall general management for the entire operation. This specialty contractor & subcontractor enjoys a majority market share in Florida, a mature and stable management team, and the strongest reputation in the business. Majority of their business is in the public sector working with paving contractors on airports, FDOT, County and Municipal contracts. Our client continues to reinvest in the pavement milling business with state of the art equipment and well above average HR benefits. It's an honor for us to represent such an incredible senior management opportunity.
- Provide leadership in all facets of the pavement milling operation.
- Partner closely with Safety Manager to ensure our night/day crews run efficiently (i.e., truck, maintenance, safety, weather, or personnel concerns etc.)
- Strategize and schedule crews effectively to optimize productivity.
- Participate in daily scheduling meeting to confirm upcoming night/day schedule, discuss long term forecasts, weather, crew/equipment needs and potential issues to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with contractors.
- Meet with Foreman and Contractors to maintain communication and resolve any issues.
- Employee Relations – Motivate & build strong relationships with employees by understanding, empowering, and trusting their abilities.
- Business Development – Build out the new area footprint with preestablished relationships, networking as well as region & industry knowledge; and will do so with a positive, engaging, and persuasive personality.
- Project Management – A critical decision maker with the ability to juggle many projects in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Recruitment & Training – Collaborating with Operations and HR to identify the gaps, attract talent, effectively train, and ensure all employees have completed the necessary equipment training while building a team-oriented culture.
- P&L – Improving company standards to ultimately lower costs and increase profits.
- Job P&L – Ability to understand and optimize our profitable items while ensuring the work being done is enough to support the cost of the operation on a specific job; and scheduling accordingly.
- Quality Control – Ensuring our crews are producing the best work and giving constructive feedback when necessary.
- Documentation and Verification – Ensuring all project documentation is accurate and submitted on time (i.e., work orders, maintenance sheets, safety forms, material inventory etc.) as well as working in conjunction with Accounts Receivable and Operations to resolve any issues with quantities.
- Innovation - Coming up with new ways and ideas to expedite processes in the office and on the road.
- Working closely with Foreman and Shop Staff to oversee and delegate all daily operations from inventory/material management, equipment/shop maintenance - Everything must always be organized and in pristine condition.
- A minimum of 10-15 years asphalt pavement milling industry experience with 3-5 years of managerial experience.
- Deep understanding and experience working with heavy highway construction plans.
- Tech savvy: advanced knowledge of word, excel, outlook, google earth, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Strong general management, leadership and team building skills along with extensive industry knowledge.
- A highly motivated, self-starter with a strong presence who can make difficult decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- A planner, builder and strong multitasker who can implement the company’s vision and lead by example.
- The ability to attract talent and create a culture based on collaboration, teamwork (#SAMETEAM), success and professionalism.
- Strong communication and influence skills with the ability to inspire confidence and instill trust in our employees and customers.
- A good listener and problem solver who is consistent, ethical and can exercise sound judgement to leverage expertise of others when necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to become rapidly conversant within the milling world with the ability to lead highly skilled crews at all different levels.
- Mechanically savvy is preferred but not necessary.
- 4 year college degree - preferably in construction management or engineering