The Estimator is responsible for the preparation and review of all estimate packages, implementing department standards and procedures while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of estimate packages.
- Read/review plans, proposals, specifications, RFP s, and any other pertinent project related documents necessary to develop a competent and competitive bid proposal
- Actively communicate with subcontractors and vendors to facilitate quotes
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to estimating as requested by management
- Pricing labor, equipment, and material costs.
- Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases.
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates.
- Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Ability to identify potential construction issues through the estimating process.
- Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers
- Working experience on B2W Software a plus.
- This is not an entry-level position and requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Estimator bidding on site, paving, concrete, & utility projects.
- A degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Experience working for a General Contractor as an estimator bidding on site or roadway projects required.
- Typical projects are paving, earthwork, utility installation, & private & municipality project.
- b2w estimating software experience preferred.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan w/ matching
Contact us to discuss this position
Call John Costello at (860) 250-2936 for more information