Estimator – Heavy Highway (State / Municipal Asphalt Paving)
The Estimator is responsible for the preparation and review of all estimate packages, implementing department standards and procedures while ensuring the accuracy and completeness of estimate packages. Emphasis on State DOT, Municipal and Federal asphalt paving work. Call for details, all inquiries 100% confidential 860-250-2936
- Read/review plans, proposals, specifications, RFP s, and any other pertinent project related documents necessary to develop a competent and competitive bid proposal
- Actively communicate with subcontractors and vendors to facilitate quotes
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to estimating as requested by management
- Pricing labor, equipment, and material costs.
- Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases.
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates.
- Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Ability to identify potential construction issues through the estimating process.
- Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers
- Working experience on B2W Software a plus.
- This is not an entry-level position and requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Estimator bidding on site, paving, concrete, & utility projects.
- A degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Experience working for a General Contractor as an estimator bidding on site or roadway projects required.
- Typical projects are paving, earthwork, utility installation, & private & municipality project.
- b2w estimating software experience preferred.
- Medical & Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan w/ matching