Estimator – Land Clearing, Site Development, Erosion Control or Road Building
Well established General Contractor seeking to add an experienced estimator to it's business development team. Scope of work includes Land Clearing, Site Development, Erosion Control and Road Building. The Estimator is responsible for the preparation and review of all estimate packages, implementing department standards and procedures while ensuring the accuracy, timeliness and completeness of estimates & bid submissions.
- Read/review plans, proposals, specifications, RFP s, and any other pertinent project related documents necessary to develop a competent and competitive bid proposal
- Actively communicate with subcontractors and vendors to facilitate quotes
- Prepare reports and analysis pertinent to estimating as requested by management
- Pricing labor, equipment, and material costs.
- Working knowledge of construction assemblies and all project phases.
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings.
- Ability to produce detailed, final contract estimates.
- Ability to assess site exposures/construction risks and appropriately analyze cost and reflect these in an estimate.
- Ability to identify potential construction issues through the estimating process.
- Ability to identify value-engineering alternatives.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and coworkers
- Working experience on B2W or HCSS estimating software a plus.
- This is not an entry-level position and requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as an Estimator bidding on Land Clearing, Site Development, Erosion Control or Road Building projects.
- A degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
- Typical project owners are Municipalities, State DOT's, Public & Private Utilities, Private Land owners - Civil work.
- No specific estimating software experience required.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Sick Leave
- Paid Vacation & Holiday Pay
- 401(k) Plan w/ matching
- Company vehicle & gas card