Fire Protection Designer (levels 1, 2 & 3)
Level 3 - A senior Fire Protection designer with 9+ years of experience, that performs all aspects of design on a project with little to help. Involved with design assist/build projects and as well as delegating design tasks to junior designers. A trusted leader in fire protection solutions for commercial, biotech, healthcare, industrial, education & residential facilities. This group of qualified estimators, designers, project managers, shop & field personnel work together closely from estimating through final closeout on every project. We engineer & design all FP systems, wet, dry, deluge, pre-action & standpipe systems as well as specialty systems, foam, water mist systems and gas suppression. All projects are modeled with 3D software during a collaborative coordination process, with a focus on preconstruction planning & prefabrication in our multi-trade modular fabrication facility. Our growing FP group is currently positioned to offer additional fire protection solutions which include growth in Inspection & Maintenance, and additional life safety services throughout New England. Note we are also seeking Fire Protection Designers levels 1 & 2 where less experience is necessary.
- Exhibits the value of competencies for the company, department, employees and business partners.
- Promotes a positive safety culture by adhering to policies and procedures set out by the department.
- Staying up to date with NFPA standards, building codes & FM guidelines
- Ability to complete all phases of a complex project with little to help
- Ability to design a project without input from an engineer (Design Assist/Design Build)
- Ability to design special hazard systems such as water mist, water spray, deluge & foam systems
- Completing projects at or under budget
- Supervising junior designers/co-ops on various tasks
- Taking the coordination lead for JCC on a multi trade project
- Ability to redesign engineering documents to cut cost from projects
- Work with GCs to solve design/coordination issues / Propose solutions with RFIs
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time and maintain quality
- Ability to make some PM decisions with GC’s and field personnel
- YEARS EXPERIENCE: 10+
- Minimum of a Bachelors’ degree required
- Microsoft Suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- High-level problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage shifting priorities
- Knowledge/Understanding of <Core responsibilities training>