Project Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager. The selected candidate will directly oversee all corporate and government Health and Safety standards & initiatives on large, complex, public & private heavy civil projects. Our client is a leading heavy civil General Contractor with operations in CT, NY, MA, RI, PA, NH, Etc. Some travel may be required depending on resident state.
- Implement and maintain all corporate risk management / loss prevention programs designed to ensure safety of the workforce
- Work towards the goal of eliminating personal injury, property loss, general liability losses, and vehicle accidents.
- Coordinates efforts with Corporate Safety Staff and Division Management to provide safety and health services to all project specific employees.
- HSE Monitoring
- HSE Reporting - daily, near miss, accident investigation, etc.
- Assists all levels of management with regulatory, statutory and company safety policy compliance.
- Provide HSE training, support, program implementation and compliance guidance. Osha 10, 30, Daily tool box, Etc.
- Providing strong on site project leadership and commitment to established safety & health policy.
- Along with Corporate Safety Director, act as a liaison with legal, medical, insurance and regulatory enforcement persons and entities as needed to protect company personnel, reputation and assets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- demonstrated computer and technical skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree in Safety Management or related field preferred
- minimum of 3 years specific safety experience, preferably with progressive training experience; familiarity with OSHA general industry and construction
- Familiar with FHWA, FMCSA and state agency regulatory requirements
- proven track record of success in a safety related field
- ability to work autonomously in a heavy industry environment
- ability to work flexible hours in an outdoor industrial environment.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Safety certification(s) is a preferred. W/C management, Drug/Alcohol program management, ADA and EEOC experience is a plus.
Salary:+/- $70K - $90K DOE
Contact Us to Discuss this Position