Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager. Directly oversee all corporate and government Health and Safety standards & initiatives on State and Municipal heavy highway projects. Our client is an industry leading heavy highway General Contractor and construction materials producer in Northeast MA, Southern NH.
Lots of details to be shared with qualified candidates - Contact me today John Costello 860-250-2936
- Implement and maintain all corporate risk management / loss prevention programs designed to ensure safety of the workforce
- Work towards the goal of eliminating personal injury, property loss, general liability losses, and vehicle accidents.
- Coordinates efforts with Corporate Safety Staff and Division Management to provide safety and health services to all project specific employees.
- HSE Monitoring
- HSE Reporting - daily, near miss, accident investigation, etc.
- Assists all levels of management with regulatory, statutory and company safety policy compliance.
- Provide HSE training, support, program implementation and compliance guidance. Osha 10, 30, Daily tool box, Etc.
- Providing strong on site project leadership and commitment to established safety & health policy.
- Along with Corporate Safety Director, act as a liaison with legal, medical, insurance and regulatory enforcement persons and entities as needed to protect company personnel, reputation and assets.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated computer and technical skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor degree in Safety Management or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years specific safety experience, preferably with progressive training experience; familiarity with OSHA general industry and construction
- Familiar with FHWA, FMCSA and state agency regulatory requirements
- Proven track record of success in a safety related field
- Ability to work autonomously in a heavy industry environment
- Ability to work flexible hours in an outdoor industrial environment.
- Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Safety certification(s) is a preferred. W/C management, Drug/Alcohol program management, ADA and EEOC experience is a plus.
- Mass Highway, NHDOT heavy highway or bridge construction experience a huge plus.