Long Island Area Manager
Our client is seeking an Area Manager who will oversee and grow it's Long Island operation. This person will work closely with the executive management team to provide leadership, strategy, and overall general management for the entire LI operation. This specialty contractor & subcontractor enjoys a majority market share, a mature and stable management team, and the strongest reputation in the business. Majority of thier business is in the public sector for large commercial airports, NYDOT, NY counties and NY municipalities. Our client continues to reinvest in the business with state of the art equipment and management space. It's an honor for us to represent such an incredible management opportunity.
- Provide leadership in all facets of our LI operation.
- Partner closely with Safety, RI & CT Operations to ensure our night/day crews run efficiently (i.e., truck, maintenance, safety, weather, or personnel concerns etc.)
- Strategize and schedule crews effectively to optimize productivity.
- Participate in daily scheduling meeting to confirm upcoming night/day schedule, discuss long term forecasts, weather, crew/equipment needs and potential issues to ensure deadlines are met.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with contractors.
- Meet with Foreman and Contractors to maintain communication and resolve any issues.
- Employee Relations – Motivate & build strong relationships with employees by understanding, empowering, and trusting their abilities.
- Business Development – Build out the LI footprint with preestablished relationships, networking as well as region & industry knowledge; and will do so with a positive, engaging, and persuasive personality.
- Project Management – A critical decision maker with the ability to juggle many projects in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Recruitment & Training – Collaborating with Operations, L&D and HR to identify the gaps, attract talent, effectively train, and ensure all employees have completed the necessary equipment training while building a team-oriented culture.
- P&L – Improving company standards to ultimately lower costs and increase profits.
- Job P&L – Ability to understand and optimize our profitable items while ensuring the work being done is enough to support the cost of the operation on a specific job; and scheduling accordingly.
- Quality Control – Ensuring our crews are producing the best work and giving constructive feedback when necessary.
- Documentation and Verification – Ensuring all LI documentation is accurate and submitted on time (i.e., work orders, maintenance sheets, safety forms, material inventory etc.) as well as working in conjunction with Accounts Receivable and Operations to resolve any issues with quantities.
- Innovation - Coming up with new ways and ideas to expedite processes in the office and on the road.
- Working closely with Foreman and Shop Staff to oversee and delegate all daily operations on LI from inventory/material management, equipment/shop maintenance - Everything must always be organized and in pristine condition.
- A minimum of 10-15 years industry experience with 3-5 years of managerial experience.
- Must have experience and credibility working on Long Island and with Long Island Unions.
- Deep understanding and experience working with construction plans.
- Tech savvy: advanced knowledge of word, excel, outlook, google earth, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Strong general management, leadership and team building skills along with extensive industry knowledge.
- A highly motivated, self-starter with a strong presence who can make difficult decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- A planner, builder and strong multitasker who can implement the company’s vision and lead by example.
- The ability to attract talent and create a culture based on collaboration, teamwork (#SAMETEAM), success and professionalism.
- Strong communication and influence skills with the ability to inspire confidence and instill trust in our employees and customers.
- A good listener and problem solver who is consistent, ethical and can exercise sound judgement to leverage expertise of others when necessary.
- Demonstrates the ability to become rapidly conversant within the line striping world with the ability to lead highly skilled crews at all different levels.
- Mechanically savvy is preferred but not necessary.