Project Manager – Waste Water Treatment Plant Work (WWTP)
Project Manager: Shall oversee total construction effort to ensure projects are safely constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. This includes interfacing with client representatives, subcontractors, and suppliers. WWTP / Pump Station projects will range in size from $15MM - $80MM. Initial assignment will be to complete work on a $20MM. Long term opportunity exists to be part of the project team pursuing and managing additional work. Majority of work centers around foundations, tanks, clarifiers, control buildings, instrumentation, DIP and PCCP pipe runs ranging in diameter from 30" to 108".
Comp package includes a base salary range of $90K-$120K (dependent upon project experience) + auto allowance / fuel card / SUN PASS, full range of benefits including health insurance and relocation assistance (for well qualified individuals with 6-20 yrs of experience)
- Reporting to the Field Operations Director or other designated Senior Project Management. Makes decisions and recommendations which can greatly impact corporate relationship with Client and project profitability.
- Responsible for careful observance of corporate policies and objectives.
- Provide overall management direction for a project ranging up to ten million dollars or two or more projects ranging up to seven million dollars with Project Engineer assistance.
- Provide feedback to Field Operations Director or other more senior project management as required regarding safety record, cost of operations, profit, productivity, job progress, major events or problems. Employee morale and Company procedures including updating and maintenance of the operations manual or any other operational activity.
- Provide a monthly report as the project documents or the Field Operations Director requires. Confer with Engineering, Estimating, Accounting and Job Superintendent at the start of the job to plan the project and arrange schedule. Ensure the schedule is prepared in sufficient detail to properly manage progress through preconstruction and construction. Materials/equipment submittals and delivery time frames are incorporated as necessary to ensure timely arrival on site.
- Negotiate, prepare and sign subcontracts, changes and major materials purchases for new and ongoing projects, including the analysis and evaluation of proposals, reviewing detailed requirements, past performances and acceptability of materials and services.
- Coordinate MEP subcontractor layouts and system start-up/commissioning and produce as-built drawings.
- Coordinate and direct all project activities with the Project Superintendent/General Superintendent to ensure that all milestones are met and job continuity is maintained
- Experience with WWTP preferred.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering major or construction related field preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of successful and progressive experience in the civil construction field
- Experienced in budget management, schedule, quality control, and knowledge of all phases of construction
- OSHA 10 Certified
- Must possess the ability to adapt to different personalities and management styles
- Team player and with a strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a team in an efficient and effective manner
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Dedicated and hard working
- Possess strong leadership qualities
- Above average organizational skills