The Construction / Project Scheduler is responsible for creating / managing construction schedules using Primavera Project Planning software (P6), coordinate project reporting to clients, manage resource requirements, and provide three-week look-ahead schedules as well as other schedule updates. Provide schedule analysis, progress reports and TIA’s (Time-Impact-Analysis) / Change Impact Analysis.
- Develop; monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible.
- Prepare baseline schedules and schedule basis documents for approval by project teams.
- Assess impacts to the critical path and near-critical activities and report to the project team.
- Monitor schedule deviations and variances and assist in the developing alternate methods for corrective action.
- Prepare and provide schedule progress reports, trending charts and schedule analysis on a periodic basis.
- Maintain record of scope changes, trends and variances that potentially affect schedule performance.
- Assure credibility of the information contained in the schedule.
- Review schedules with project team members on a regular basis to ensure that accurate and timely data is incorporated in the schedule.
- Analyze schedules from Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Verify schedule integrity and evaluate logic and float paths.
- Evaluate activity sequences for constructability and work with Construction Manager to incorporate planned sequence of work into the project schedule.
- Make recommendations to manage float and (re)sequence activities (if required) to achieve project milestone dates and interim target completion dates.
- Analyze change orders for schedule impacts.
- Resource load schedules as required by the project team.
- Update/Manage Costs for Earned Value progress and Schedule Variance Index (SVI)
- Perform job-site walks to verify physical progress of scheduled activities.
- Facilitate project scheduling meetings and/or interactive planning meetings as required by the project team.
- Participate in project meetings at the discretion of the Project Manager.
- Participate in departmental staff meetings.
- Comply with departmental scheduling practices and procedures.
- At the completion of the project, develop and record the project’s historical schedule information and lessons learned‚ for future use.
- Provide training to upcoming planners.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 is required
- Flexibility with relocation for assigned projects
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a Scheduler on heavy/highway construction projects (Structures, Bridges, Underground, Earthwork and Concrete Paving)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering / Construction Management or similar discipline is preferred
- Field operations experience is strongly preferred
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- and many more