Quality Control Manager
Our client is a multi-divisional construction company performing services in both the private and public sectors since 1960. They specialize in highway work, site work, heavy civil, bridges, environmental remediation & road reconstruction. With projects throughout the state and into New York and Massachusetts, we pride ourselves on hiring the best fit for the position.
We are looking to fill the position of Heavy/Civil construction quality control manager. This candidate is needed to implement and monitor quality control for both our paving and heavy/civil division and also specifically for our on going $34,000,000 CTDOT contract.
Mission for the position:
The position has two main objectives. One short term objective and one long term objective.
1) Short term objective is to be the quality control manager for the RT 15 project in Norwalk. This candidate needs to fulfill the initial qualifications set by CONNDOT. The candidate has to have the willingness to work nights. The candidate needs to establish trusting relationships with our supervisors, our crews and the DOT inspection personnel. The candidate needs to thoroughly understand the specifications. The candidate needs to maintain good electronic records. The candidate needs to monitor and motivate the foremen to complete all QC paperwork. The candidate needs to efficiently schedule our testing subcontractors. The candidate needs to foresight to anticipate the QC needs for future operations
2) Long term objective is for this candidate to apply the skill sets honed on the RT 15 project to all of the operations in our company. The candidate will need to communicate our QC objectives to all divisions, all managers and supervisors. The candidate will establish QC protocols and help with the implementation of a companywide QC program.
Many more details will be shared with qualified applicants.
· Field inspection experience ( DOT preferred)
· Construction supervision or inspection experience relevant on highway construction projects
· Previous experience as a Quality Control professional ( 3 year minimum)
· Preferably NETTCP Quality Assurance certified
· Capable of writing a quality control plan
· Good communicator
· Efficient manager
· Has a positive attitude
· Is polite
· Works safely and has the ability to hold others accountable for QC
Contact Us to Discuss this Position