The schedule coordinator is responsible for maintaining the safety of our employees, staffing of our crews, and proper allocation of equipment across all functions of road construction. Success in this role requires exceptional planning and coordination skills to manage field operations. The Schedule Coordinator will need to communicate frequently with superintendents and projects managers and need to have a clear understanding of estimates to properly staff jobs. To excel in this position, applicants must have a professional communication style, patience for many employees, and be focused on building high-performance teams in a fast-paced environment.
The Schedule Coordinator will work to streamline communications between project managers, superintendents, crews, and the customer. They will need to focus on building teams and managing crew dynamics. They should have a strong understanding of milling, reclamation, paving, and chip seal operations. They will also be responsible for interviewing and hiring non-union laborers, operators, and teamsters.
The Schedule Coordinator should be capable of long-term organizational planning as well as training and development. A primary goal for this person is to identify opportunities to continually improve existing talent and develop new talent. They will need to think about resource needs and organizational structure changes in a fast-paced, growing business. They should plan to spend ample time in the field to maintain consistent employee practices and positive moral and relationships with employees.
- Orchestrate Contracting Division’s schedule and backlog.
- Drive a consistent 2-week lookahead schedule process and ensure uniformity across Division.
- Collaborate with project managers and sales team to determine construction schedule for the season.
- Daily communication with field superintendents and forepersons on project progression.
- Generate daily schedules assigning laborers and operators to superintendents and forepersons daily.
- Communicate with garage, and schedule fleet equipment for all projects daily with superintendents.
- Optimize efficiency for labor, equipment, and jobs, while meeting critical path milestones and customer deadlines.
- Interview, hire, and orient new employees (non-union).
- Spearhead weekly review of backlog and schedule with Contracting Division and maintain schedule.
- Communicate and reinforce company vision, value, and goals.
- Experience in the paving industry in HMA paving, chip seal, reclamation and milling. (Must have)
- Proven skills for prioritizing, delegating, and follow up.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with others and resolve conflicts.
- Track record of strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of the Eastern, NY public contracting asphalt paving market a huge plus.
Salary:$95,000 - $125,000 DOE
Location:Eastern NY - Western, MA
Contact Us to Discuss this Position