The Senior Estimator will possess strong conceptual estimating, organizational and communication skills; a “can do” attitude; and the ability to service multiple projects and clients on a regular basis. Our recruiting client is the leading expert on bank branch transformation for New England's community banks and credit unions. In addition they design and build healthcare offices, educational facilities and company headquarters. In addition to consistent work, top pay, and advancement opportunities, they provide comprehensive benefits that encourage employees and their families to build a lifelong relationship with us.
• Vacation Pay
• Health insurance
• Dental and vision plan
• Life Insurance
• Flexible spending accounts
• Travel reimbursement
• Incentive programs
- Solidus Estimator - culture statement (short version)
- Review, interpret, and accurately estimate scope of work as described in the project documents.
- Execute quantity take-offs of all applicable CSI sections.
- Perform conceptual estimating to derive building program costs and baseline budget values for privately negotiated work.
- Develop close working relationships with subcontractors and vendors.
- Solicit and collect subcontractors’/vendors’ bids and quotations for budgetary and final pricing.
- Verify that subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes of work are accurate in quantities and items included in their proposal.
- Prepare subcontractors’/vendors’ quotations analysis sheets.
- Organize and archive all documents received and produced.
- Assist with operations change-orders estimating as required by jobs in progress.
- Assist operations with purchasing and definition of subcontractors’/vendors’ scopes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word primarily).
- Solid knowledge of On-Screen take-off software or similar.
- Seven to ten years of experience in building estimating with a general contractor or construction manager.
- Experience must include privately negotiated and GMP contract delivery methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work on several projects at the same time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in construction related curriculum or equivalent work experience.
- Estimating: 7-10 years commercial building construction.
- Proven track record – previous project list including client/design team info.