Vice President – Construction Division
One of New England's largest and most well respected, vertically integrated Asphalt Paving / Road Maintenance, Construction Materials General Contractor is seeking a Vice President to oversee all construction related activities amongst several operating units. With operations in NY, MA, CT, RI, VT, NH and ME, the Construction VP could reside anywhere in New England as long as they are willing to travel as necessary. (Auto Travel only)
- Business Development - sales, estimating, bidding, project selection, strategy
- Project Management / Project profitability - full blown operations oversight of all regional operations managers, project managers, superintendents, project engineers and project foreman.
- Human Resources - hiring, firing, promotions, position placement, disputes, motivation, culture development, etc.
- Minimum 15 years related industry experience. - Core scope of work is Asphalt Paving and Asphalt Pavement Maint. in the public contracting arena. Federal, State and Municipal
- In depth understanding of construction job cost, finance, work in progress, estimate to budget creation, change orders, owner requisitions, subcontractor selection/negotiations
- In depth experience with human resources - hiring, training, promotion, employment termination, employee dispute resolution, etc. Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Proven track record of upward mobility - level of responsibility.
- B.S. Degree in construction management, engineering or related degree
- Willingness to travel operating business to operating business. Auto travel - New England