Chief Financial Officer
The CFO role is an integral part of the executive management team of this $250M specialty highway maintenance contractor whom develops, implements and maintains all elements of finance & accounting to achieve business objectives. He or she is responsible for developing the corporate finance and accounting objectives & associated strategies along with the CEO. CFO manages approximately 8 direct reports including controller, AR, AP, Payroll, Contract Administration, office manager, Jr. accountants, etc.
Much more detail will be shared with qualified applicants. I look forward to that discussion with you.
Director Northeast Region
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and financial reporting systems
- Oversee the Accounting Department
- Serve as point of escalation for Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable issues.
- Mentor and develop a finance and accounting team, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance evaluation, and the building of an effective team dynamic
- Direct the preparation of all financial reports, including month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements, income statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements, A/R and A/P aging reports.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of all financial and management reporting
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger maintenance, balance sheet reconciliations and corporate/overhead cost allocation
- Conduct financial analysis to provide financial intelligence and controls
- Ensure adequate controls and safeguards are in place and substantial documentation is available
- Review all finance- and account-related procedures, processes and administration, and recommend improvements,
- Ensure conformance to GAAP and internal and external auditing requirements
- Ensure disaster recovery plan is in place
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors; Manage preparation and support of all external audits.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations.
- Meet regularly with department heads and senior management to review financial reports and to analyze operations to identify opportunities to improve profitability
- Advise management on the financial ramifications of operational alternatives, capital appropriations, control issues, reporting requirements, and cost reduction evaluations
- Provide strategic recommendations based on financial analysis and recommendations, cost identification and allocation, and revenue/expense analysis
- Participate in strategic planning as part of the senior management team
- Guide multi-disciplinary teams outside direct span of control
- Serve as a member of the executive leadership team
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet company needs
- Optimize the handling of banking, bonding relationships
- Oversee business insurance plans and health care coverage and analysis
- Investigate cost-effective benefits plan and other fringe benefits
- Remain up to date on audit best practices regarding accounting and tax laws
- Assist in the design, implementation and timely calculation of wages and incentives
- Construct and implement financial investment strategy.
- Help us develop a highly effective job cost system utilizing SAGE
- Minimum of 10 years experience in finance in a senior position - construction industry REQUIRED.
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or Finance preferred
- Experience in a construction environment with revenues greater than $50 million.
- Experience in a senior financial-management role, partnering with executive staff, resulting in the development and implementation of creative financial management strategies.
- Accounting experience in a job shop preferred
- Skill in examining, developing, reengineering, and recommending financial and technology policies and procedures
- Demonstrated excellence in managing finance, accounting, controls and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, delegate, supervise, monitor and evaluate the work of the accounting and finance department
- Ability to read and understand contractual language
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of database and accounting computer application systems, desktop office software, particularly MS Office, Timberline/SAGE
- Strong commitment to developing team members