VP Southeast Asphalt Division
VP / Asphalt Division Manager - Well established Eastern US General Contractor / Construction Materials Producer
Establish & maintain adequate work backlogs for the Southeast asphalt division, responsible for the effective coordination of all manpower, equipment and materials to ensure completion of all jobs on time, within budget and meeting customer expectations, responsible for maximizing the profitability of each job and the productivity of personnel and equipment, managing SGA expenses within established division budgets. Part of the exec management team along with HR, Safety, Fleet and Heavy Civil VP's.
- Business development (sales & estimating) oversight - Seek out projects to be bid both in private and public work.
- Help coordinate, with marketing director, marketing and advertising strategies.
- Oversee and motivate the asphalt paving sales & estimating staff. Monitor productivity of sales & estimating staff.
- Manage backlog of work and determine (with assistance of entire exec team) bid mark-up and project risk assessment.
- Oversee operations of self-perform and subcontractor crews - scheduling & production. Paving, milling, grading, reclaiming and any other scope involved in paving projects. (Private, commercial, municipal and State DOT work)
- Oversee and motivate paving superintendents and foremen
- Hire, motivate and dismiss, when necessary – supers, foremen, operators, laborers, plant staff, etc.
- Hire, motivate and dismiss estimators, superintendents, plant personnel
- Work cooperatively with other division managers to effectively allocate company resources as needed (labor, equipment & materials)
- Be ultimately responsible for the safety of all personnel and property on all projects within the division and work co-operatively with the safety director to insure the successful implementation of our safety goals.
- Is ultimately responsible for the quality of the product constructed by the division
- Is responsible for the profitability of the division including the cost containment of both divisional and home office overhead
- Work cooperatively with the equipment division to fully and efficiently utilize the equipment and to contain maintenance and repair costs
- Conduct all negotiations with owner (customers) & subcontractors.
- Hire motivate and dismiss, when necessary, all staff within the division.
- Act as a mentor to ambitious and qualified staff within the division. Help encourage and develop the career of others therefore limiting attrition of the top talent in the company.
- Formulate and implement strategic planning for the division
- Strive to grow the Asphalt Division to new highs