Project Engineer – Heavy Highway / Heavy Civil
Seeking an experienced Project Engineer for multiple CT/ RI and MA based heavy civil / highway projects. Employer offers well above average compensation, benefits and even partial remote work if needed. The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Project Manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks' completion. 2-3 years out of school with a construction management degree and a few years experience and your the perfect candidate. - Multiple Positions, pick your state. Many more details will be shared with those that inquire.
Director New England Region
- Assist with on-site management to ensure project success
- Ensure project plan is moving forward to meet anticipated deadlines
- Responsible for RFI and submittal process
- Processes owner billings and project related accounting issues
- Comply with (and actively promote) all Safety policies and procedures
- Direct oversight of assigned field operations
- Provide technical support for appropriate Field Superintendent / Foreman
- Address relative correspondence and review with the Project Manager
- Provide delivery support for the Field Superintendents
- Provide technical review of work in the field to specification requirements
- Advise Project Manager of any potential change orders or claims
- Coordinate and take the lead responsibility during the submittal process
- Cost estimating - business development. From quantity take off's to pricing strategy.
- Bachelor's degree Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred. Several years field experience as an alternate to degree OK.
- 2-3 years' of experience as a project coordinator, project engineer, or project manager on Street & Road, Highway, Rail, Utilities, Environmental Remediation, Concrete, Paving, Bridge Construction, Site work or other heavy civil construction is mandatory. Please do not apply if you do not have this experience.
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project a huge plus.
- Estimating experience a huge plus. HCSS, B2W or Sage estimating a huge plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - proven team player