Asphalt Paving Sales / Account Manager
Selling asphalt paving related projects is integral to our success and is a highly valued position. As an account manager you interact with customers on a daily basis and have the opportunity to work on challenging and engaging paving projects. Commercial, Municipal and State DOT work all included. Highly respected asphalt producer / self performing lay down GC servicing NH and MA. Great opportunity for the right person.
A.B. Veirs and Sons Paving has been family owned and operated since 1947. We are a paving company who takes pride in our work and our history. We take care of our employees and encourage professional improvement and growth of each individual. We offer competitive pay, a company car, vacation and sick time, health/dental insurance, and a matching retirement account.
- Evaluate and measure existing paving for repair and repaving quantities
- Perform plan takeoffs to determine quantities
- Meet with customers to discuss each project prior to bidding
- Solicit subcontract vendor prices as needed on a project
- Determine the price of each job
- Prepare and present each proposal to customers
- Coordinate with superintendent to ensure your project runs smoothly
- Develop and expand customer relationships
- Invoice customers
- Strong people skills and customer service-centered
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of the asphalt paving process - 3 years minimum.
- Proficient in civil plan reading
- Detail oriented and organized
- Able to walk and evaluate various outdoor job sites
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Positive and team-oriented attitude with a high value on ethics
- Familiarity with estimating software prefered
- College degree preferred